The Saudi-led coalition on Saturday said an air strike over Yemen last month which killed dozens of people was "unjustified" and pledged to bring hold anyone found to have made mistakes to account.
“The Joint Forces Command of the Coalition expresses regret over the mistakes, extends its sympathies, condolences and solidarity to the families of the victims,” a statement published by the Saudi state news agency SPA said, Reuters reports.
The coalition also promised to provide compensation for the victims in conjunction with the Yemeni government
The airstrike last month, which Saudi Arabia initially said was a “legitimate military operation carried out in accordance with humanitarian law”, struck a bus carrying schoolchildren from a summer camp. At least 51 people were killed in the strike and a further 79 injured.
Initially Saudi Arabia describes the deaths as "collateral damage", however pledged to investigate the incident.
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres had called for an "independent and prompt investigation" into the air strike.