Marking World Press Day, the Jaffna Press Club called for action to stop the on-going "violence unleashed again on the media in the Northern part of Sri Lanka".
In a statement released on Friday, the JPC called on the international community and Sri Lanka,
1) To create an environment conducive to journalists and media personnel;
2) For perpetrators of violence against journalists, media personnel and media establishments to be brought to justice;
3) For the fate of the all disappeared journalists to be made public;
4) Appropriate compensations to be granted to the next-of- kin of killed and injured journalists, and families of missing journalists be sustained and protected; and
5) For journalists who had opted to migrate out of Sri Lanka due to threats against their safety and security to be protected by the respective countries where they have sought asylum.
See full statement here